Happy Friday! I’m feeling pretty slap-up near life today. Geoff together with I went to Comic Con terminal night, together with it was the most fun I’ve had inwards a loooong time. I got to stand upward within a Tardis, Geoff met R2D2, together with nosotros saw a huge multifariousness of insane costumes, from Mary Poppins to a human being inwards spandex American flag pants carrying a alive snake. It was a totally novel experience for me but super fun! Besides that, we’ve been having a nail this calendar week alongside Abby on jump break, together with I’m excited for Easter on Sunday. If you’re looking for an awesome Easter dessert, expect no further… these vanilla cupcakes alongside fresh strawberry buttercream are divine!
I know I’ve posted several vanilla cupcake recipes on this spider web log inwards the past, but this i is really my favorite. The cupcakes are perfect every fourth dimension I brand them, the texture is amazing, together with they piece of occupation good alongside lots of toppings together with fillings. I’ve been doing but about baking for friends lately, together with this is e’er the recipe I select because it’s therefore reliably perfect. I don’t intend I’ve ever had a amend cupcake!
The strawberry buttercream, though… holy hannah it is delicious! The fresh strawberry flavour is amazing together with makes the cupcakes gustation therefore sweetness together with springy. It’s a perfect complement to the sweetness together with fluffy cupcakes!
for the cupcakes:
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups all operate flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 loving cup butter, cold, cutting into pocket-size cubes
1 1/2 loving cup milk (I used skim, together with it worked fine)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
for the frosting:
2 sticks butter, softened
pinch of salt
iii 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 loving cup strawberries, pureed to brand near iii tablespoons puree
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 muffin tins alongside newspaper liners.
- In a large bowl or a the bowl of a stand upward mixer, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, together with salt.
- Add the butter together with mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the eggs i at a time, beating good later on each addition.
- Combine the milk together with vanilla inwards a touchstone cup, together with add together near one-half of the milk mixture to the flour mixture.
- Beat until good blended together with smooth.
- Add the other one-half of the milk mixture, together with trounce until smooth. Fill newspaper liners 2/3 sum together with bake twenty minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the pump comes out clean.
- Let cool inwards pan for a few minutes together with therefore take away to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To brand the frosting, trounce the butter until lite together with fluffy.
- Add the tabular array salt together with powdered sugar, until combined.
- Add the vanilla together with strawberry puree together with trounce until lite together with fluffy.