After making pumpkin pasties a few weeks ago, I was excited to receive out another flavors of pasties! It hence happened that I had simply about strawberries that were teetering on the edge, hence this was a perfect solution. I similar that the pastry recipe uses cream cheese for wet instead of H2O ice water, hence at that spot aren’t whatever worries nearly adding simply the correct amount. The pasties were a hitting at the political party I brought them to, together with were both sweetness together with tart, alongside lots of strawberry flavor. Delicious!
i Tablespoon cornstarch
i Tablespoon water
i dry out pint fruit
i Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 loving cup sugar
- To brand the filling, combine cornstarch together with H2O inwards a pocket-sized bowl. Whisk alongside a fork until smooth, together with ready aside.
- Puree fruit until smoothen using a nutrient processor or blender. In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine fruit puree, lemon juice, together with sugar.
- Heat over medium-high until boiling, stirring constantly. Boil for 5-6 minutes until thick together with syrupy.
- While stirring, piece of cake add together cornstarch mixture together with musical rhythm out alongside a spoon (or whisk) until completely combined.
- Continue boiling for ii to a greater extent than minutes until filling is nearly every bit thick every bit pudding; when y’all drag a wooden spoon across the bottom of the pan, y’all should live on able to come across the pan for a 2nd earlier the fruit mixture fills inwards the space.
- Remove from rut together with cool completely.
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
i tsp sugar
pinch of salt
i stick of cold, unsalted butter, diced
i package of mutual frigidness cream cheese, cutting into coarse chunks
- Place dry out ingredients inwards medium bowl together with mix together.
- Add the cold, diced butter together with mix it together alongside flour until y’all accept what looks similar coarse breadstuff crumbs.
- Add inwards the pieces of cream cheese together with mix until the dough is real clumpy.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly flour dusted surface together with knead until a smoothen dough has formed.
- Wrap inwards plastic together with chill for at to the lowest degree thirty minutes.
- Can live on made inwards advance together with frozen upward to three months.
- Preheat oven to 350. On a floured surface, ringlet out the dough to nearly 1/8-inch thickness together with cutting alongside circular cookie or biscuit cutter.
- Place rounds onto a greased cookie sheet. Spoon a pocket-sized total of filling onto the bottom 3rd of the dough circles.
- Fold the circles over together with seal the edges past times either folding over together with pinching alongside your fingers, or crimping alongside a fork.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly glaze each viscid alongside beaten egg mixed alongside a lilliputian milk or water. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.