And on a whim, I decided to laissez passer on it a piffling southwest twist, since Geoff absolutely loves cumin. The upshot was a delicious bowl of comfort nutrient that fifty-fifty my littles ate upward happily. I’m pretty certain I heard him mumble something like, Southwest chicken pot pie for the win!
four tablespoons butter
1/2 medium onion, diced
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 loving cup flour
i loving cup chicken broth (or i loving cup H2O too i tsp chicken base)
i loving cup milk
tabular array salt too pepper to taste
i tsp chili powder
i tsp cumin
i 1/2 cups babe carrots, sliced too steamed (I did mine inward the microwave)
i tin dismiss dark beans, drained too rinsed
i loving cup frozen corn
1-2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used leftovers from to a greater extent than or less other meal)
i pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter inward a large sauce pan over medium high heat. Add onion too laid until translucent too softened.
- Add garlic too laid until fragrant, close lx seconds. Add flour too whisk together to brand a roux.
- Slowly add together chicken broth too milk spell continuing to whisk; laid until sauce has thickened.
- Add tabular array salt too pepper to taste, likewise equally chili pulverization too cumin.
- Stir inward carrots, dark beans, corn, too chicken, too laid until heated through.
- Add mixture to your container of alternative (I used a ix inch circular casserole dish) too overstep amongst pie crust. Be certain to cutting holes inward the overstep hence that the filling tin dismiss vent.
- Shape pie crust equally desired (I similar to plication the edges amongst my fingers), too then bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is lightly browned.
- Serve amongst sour cream too salsa, if desired.