Hooray for about other fun DIY recipe! I convey to acknowledge that I’ve tried to brand granola to a greater extent than than once, as well as convey never actually succeeded, which is a full shame. Granola is 1 of my favorite breakfasts, particularly paired amongst about greek yogurt as well as fresh fruit! I was then excited when I flora this recipe because 1) it looked (and was!) super slow to make, as well as 2) it had much less fatty than a traditional granola recipe, since at that spot is no oil! I’m definitely non a stickler for making everything depression fat, only I’d much rather salve my fatty calories for an awesome dessert every bit opposed to my breakfast cereal. 🙂
This granola recipe is a perfect starting signal for whatever break of variations. I intend whatever diversity of dried fruit or nuts would last delicious, as well as y’all could healthify it fifty-fifty to a greater extent than past times throwing inwards about flax seed. (I would convey done that only I didn’t realize I had flax seed until it was every bit good late…) I love that the syrup is then elementary as well as slow to make, as well as the season from the cinnamon as well as vanilla is amazing! Abby has declared this her novel favorite breakfast, as well as I convey to agree. Yum!
four cups old-fashioned oats
3/4 loving cup slivered almonds
1/2 loving cup chopped pecans
1 loving cup shredded coconut
1/2 loving cup dark-brown sugar, packed
1/4 loving cup honey
ii tablespoons water
1 1/4 teaspoon seat down cinnamon
1 pinch seat down nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 loving cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In a large bowl, toss together oats, almonds, pecans, as well as coconut.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, whisk together dark-brown sugar, honey, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, as well as salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil as well as allow boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from rut as well as whisk inwards vanilla as well as baking soda, until the mixture is foamy.
- Pour over oat mixture as well as toss until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture inwards a silpat or parchment-lined baking canvas as well as bake 25-30 minutes, tossing the mixture afterwards 10-12 minutes then it volition dark-brown evenly.
- Remove from oven when lightly golden dark-brown as well as toss amongst raisins.
- Let cool as well as shop inwards an airtight container.