I’ve never made whatever sort of tart before, but those tiny piffling tins were only calling to me. I adore anything inwards miniature! I convey no sentiment when or where my cracking aunt purchased them, but I constitute some similar tins here on Amazon, inwards illustration you lot desire to snag a gear upward for yourself. If you lot don’t convey them, though, I’m certain this recipe would move cracking inwards a large tart pan, or fifty-fifty inwards a mini muffin tin. Feel complimentary to experiment, though, together with allow me know how it goes! I’m excited almost the novel the world that making tarts has opened upward to me… I can’t aspect to campaign them amongst a chocolate custard filling, or whipped cream together with strawberries! This crust is a expert base of operations for pretty much whatever filling.
To get together the tarts, I made a batch of this vanilla custard, together with piped it into the cooled shortbread shells. I together with then topped each amongst a fresh raspberry together with a sprinkling of powdered sugar. I dearest how pretty they are, together with they tasted amazing too!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix flour, sugar, together with tabular array salt together inwards a medium bowl.
- Add butter together with cutting inwards amongst a pastry blender or ii knives, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix egg yolk together with water, together with add together to dry out mixture.
- Mix only until incorporated.
- Kneading every bit piffling every bit possible, pat the dough into a disc shape.
- Wrap inwards plastic wind together with chill for 1-2 hours.
- When the dough has chilled, whorl it out on a lightly floured surface or silicone mat to almost 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter that is appropriate to the size of your tart tins or muffin cups, cutting out circles of dough (I used a 1 1/2 inch cutter for my size tins).
- Press dough into tins or muffin cups.
- Poke the bottom of each slice of dough amongst a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes inwards tins earlier removing to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely earlier filling.