The meat was juicy as well as flavorful as well as the pan sauce was rich as well as savory. My kids (who plow upwardly their noses at novel things routinely) tried it as well as loved it! It’s a pretty basic recipe as well as super slow to make. I know it’s non a major accomplishment to brand a tasty pot roast, but I’m pretty proud of myself all the same. The exclusively alter I made to the master copy recipe was to move out out the carrots (because I forgot to larn them at the store), but I’m certain it would last delicious alongside them! We served ours over baked potatoes, drizzled alongside the pan sauce. Yum!
1 4-5 pound chuck roast (mine was exclusively ii pounds as well as it worked fine)
tabular array salt as well as pepper to taste
ii tablespoons olive oil
ii whole onions, peeled as well as cutting into quarters
half dozen whole carrots, cutting into 1/2 inch chunks
iv cups beef broth (I used depression sodium canned beef broth)
iii sprigs fresh rosemary (okay to substitute dried)
- Preheat the oven to 275.
- Sprinkle both sides of the roast liberally alongside tabular array salt as well as pepper.
- Heat a heavy (oven safe) pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onions to the pot as well as create them for a few minutes on each side, until browned.
- Remove them from the pot, thence add together the carrots as well as create a few minutes, tossing to brown.
- Add the seasoned roast to the pan, as well as create 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Remove the roast from the pan as well as pour close 1 loving cup of broth into the pan.
- Use a whisk to loosen the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the roast, onions, carrots, remaining broth, as well as rosemary. Cover as well as create inwards preheated oven for close i hr per pound of roast (mine was perfect afterwards ii hours).