Several years ago, my sis inward police describe allow me borrow the most amazing cookbook. It’s called Irish Traditional Cooking, as well as I at nowadays brutal inward honey amongst it. When I eventually had to compass the mass back, I ordered my ain re-create asap. I tin honestly country that I get got loved every recipe I get got made from it! Now, to last fair, in that place are enough of recipes that I get got non tried (and nearly sure volition never try). Things similar offal as well as cockles only don’t appeal to me that much. 🙂 My favorite recipes thence far, though, get got been the breads as well as desserts.
I made this lemon pudding for the kickoff fourth dimension for St. Patrick’s Day inward 2008, as well as I’ve made it many times since. It’s pretty much only delightful inward every way. As it bakes, the pudding separates into 2 layers… a dense, nearly caky layer on the top, as well as a luscious pudding layer on the bottom. I honey the mixture of creamy sweetness as well as lemony tartness. And adding a acquit upon of fresh whipped cream takes it to an amazing novel level. I honey that it starts amongst such basic, straightforward ingredients, as well as becomes such an elegant, decadent dessert. And best of all, it’s actually slow to make! Try it, as well as you’ll honey it equally much equally I do!
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 loving cup sugar
2 eggs, separated
1/2 loving cup flour
2 lemons, zested as well as juiced
1 1/4 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Cream the butter as well as carbohydrate well.
- Add the egg yolks 1 past times one, as well as thence add together the flour.
- Add the lemon zest as well as juice, followed past times the milk, as well as mix well. In a divide bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold gently into the lemon mixture until incorporated. Pour into a 8-9 inch pie pan or cake pan.
- Bake for xl minutes, or until rattling lightly browned as well as set.
- Sprinkle amongst powdered carbohydrate as well as serve warm amongst freshly whipped cream.
Note: I similar to double the recipe as well as bake it inward a ix inch springform pan (with a baking canvass underneath, only inward illustration of whatever drips). I similar thicker layers of pudding, as well as I intend it makes for a prettier presentation.