My hubby idea the huckleberries were nonetheless a picayune tart (he has to a greater extent than of a sweetness molar than I do) hence he solved that work past times topping his pie amongst fresh whipped cream. I get got to admit, it was a pretty delicious addition. If y’all would similar the huckleberries to hold upwards sweeter, experience gratis to add together to a greater extent than saccharide to the filling mixture. Either way, they’re delicious together with beautiful too!
1 packet refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
1 1/2 cups fresh huckleberries, rinsed together with dried (blueberries would also work)
1 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoons sugar, plus additional saccharide for sprinkling
pinch of salt
1 egg white
1 teaspoon water
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Prepare a baking canvas past times lining amongst parchment.
- Roll out the pie crust together with cutting each crust into 8 circles (I used a iii 5/8″ circular cutter).
- In a medium bowl, toss the huckleberries amongst the flour, sugar, together with tabular array salt until coated.
- Spoon almost 2 tablespoons of huckleberries onto 8 of the pie crust rounds.
- Cut vent holes or slits inward the remaining 8 pie crust rounds.
- Place a vented slice over the transcend of each blueberry piece, together with purpose a fork to plication the edges, sealing inward the huckleberries.
- Place on prepared baking canvas together with repeat amongst remaining pies.
- In a pocket-sized bowl, whisk together the egg white together with water.
- Brush over the prepared pies, hence sprinkle each pie amongst sugar.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool earlier serving.