This lemon curd is uncomplicated as well as quick, as well as super versatile! I outset tried lemon curd a few years agone afterward a view to Trader Joe’s. It was dear at outset bite! There’s something wonderful to me nearly the intertwined tartness as well as sweetness, as well as I’m crazy nearly the silky texture. It goes good on everything, too! I similar it on toast inward the morning, but it’s also slap-up warmed upwardly as well as poured over H2O ice cream, as well as it makes an awesome filling for cakes or cupcakes. When I establish a large purse of beautiful lemons on the inexpensive at Costco, I decided it was fourth dimension to finally hand it a endeavour at home.
The curd was much easier to brand than I had thought, as well as it came together pretty fast. I fifty-fifty broke roughly of the “rules” (I used whole eggs instead of simply yolks, as well as didn’t add together butter at the end) as well as it even as well as thus turned out amazing! It was i of those, “Holy cow, I can’t believe I made this at home!” moments. I dear impressing myself amongst my culinary prowess. 🙂
2 whole eggs
3/4 loving cup sugar
1/2 loving cup fresh lemon juice (that was ii lemons for me, but mine were huge!)
zest of ii lemons
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon juice, as well as lemon zest until good blended.
- Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened to desired consistency.
- Remove from oestrus as well as pour into a bowl or jar.
- Cover the surface amongst plastic roll (so none of the curd is exposed to air) as well as chill inward the fridge for at to the lowest degree i hour.
- Store inward the refrigerator.