The texture is form of halfway betwixt a shortbread cookie too a cracker, too they are buttery too lightly sweetened. My kids could non larn plenty of these too kept holler for for more. I intend that adjacent fourth dimension I brand them, I volition sub inwards a piddling whole wheat pastry flour to brand them a piddling to a greater extent than healthy, but I create actually similar that past times making them myself I know precisely what’s inwards them. It’s then fun to brand things from scratch instead of e’er relying on pre-packaged foods! That’s something I am definitely hoping to buy the farm along inwards the novel year. I promise you’ll endeavour these too run across merely how non bad they are!
12 tablespoons butter
1/3 loving cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
pinch of nutmeg
- Prepare a large baking canvas past times lining amongst parchment or silicone.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand upward mixer, shell the butter too carbohydrate until low-cal too fluffy.
- Add the eggs too vanilla too mix until blended.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, too nutmeg, too mix to cast a soft dough.
- Roll the dough out on a moderately floured surface to 1/4 inch thick.
- Use pocket-size cookie cutters to cutting out shapes.
- Transfer cutting outs to prepared baking canvas too identify the canvas inwards the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- When the oven is preheated, take away the baking canvas from the freezer.
- Bake 8-10 minutes for pocket-size shapes too 12-13 minutes for larger shapes.