Right directly I’m working difficult on limiting myself to solely 1 eating theater per calendar week (although it’s hard!) together with I’ve realized for the millionth fourth dimension that if I don’t brand my repast innovation uncomplicated together with easy, I won’t stick to it. This kokosnoot curry soup is the perfect quick together with piece of cake meal! It also tastes fantastic, which agency I’ll genuinely await frontwards to making it, instead of veering off into a eating theater parking lot on the way home. 🙂 I used a rotisserie chicken, together with it was ready inwards less than xxx minutes. My kids (who are mostly non fans of curry) absolutely LOVED this soup together with licked their bowls clean. You could definitely arrive a fiddling spicier amongst unopen to sriracha, but I left it mild to arrive a fiddling to a greater extent than kid-friendly.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 cerise pepper, diced
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 (14 ounce) tin hand the sack kokosnoot milk
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon fish sauce (optional *)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chocolate-brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
3-4 cups hot cooked rice (for serving)
- Heat the olive crude inwards a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion together with cerise pepper, together with ready until softened.
- Add the chicken together with ready until warmed through.
- Add the kokosnoot milk, chicken broth, fish sauce, pepper, salt, together with chocolate-brown sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer together with simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot over a scoop of rice.
- * H5N1 complaint on the fish sauce: It smells absolutely terrible, together with I become through it together with hence slow that I can’t role a whole bottle (or fifty-fifty a quarter of a bottle) earlier it goes bad, together with hence I made it optional for this recipe.
- If you lot produce accept it, though, it adds a genuinely keen flavour to the soup! I wasn’t convinced until I tried it for the start time, together with directly I’m a believer. 🙂