My kids loved this (although Lizzy picked out every terminal slice of parsley, since she is anti-green correct now) in addition to I wanted to swallow the creamy garlic parmesan sauce amongst a spoon. Yum! I intend this pasta would hold upwardly bang-up amongst merely about sautéed mushrooms in addition to spinach mixed in, but I didn’t pick out whatever on manus when I made it. (And I’m certain Lizzy appreciated that I didn’t endeavor to corrupt her precious noodles in addition to chicken amongst anything green.)
1 pound penne pasta
three tablespoons butter
two teaspoons minced garlic
three tablespoons flour
1 loving cup chicken broth
1 loving cup milk
1/2 loving cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
two cups chopped cooked chicken (I used rotisserie)
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley (dried would operate fine every bit well)
- Cook the pasta according to the bundle directions in addition to drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, oestrus a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the butter in addition to garlic in addition to develop until the garlic is fragrant.
- Whisk inwards the flour to cast a paste, in addition to permit the mixture develop 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add together the chicken broth in addition to milk, whisking constantly to forbid lumps.
- Continue to whisk often in addition to convey the sauce close to a simmer, until thickened.
- Remove from oestrus in addition to whisk inwards the parmesan, salt, in addition to pepper until combined.
- Toss the sauce amongst the pasta in addition to the chicken, returning to the oestrus if needed to oestrus through.
- Sprinkle amongst fresh parsley in addition to enjoy!