I wanted to brand an extra exceptional cake for her, in addition to nosotros decided together that a rose cake would hold out perfect for her party. Abby is a super girly girl, in addition to loves pinkish in addition to royal in addition to wants everything to hold out beautiful. I had originally idea I would simply brand a vanilla cake amongst vanilla icing in addition to tint it pink, but when I bought some gorgeous strawberries at Costco for the brunch, I realized they would hold out perfect inwards the cake too!
My favorite cake recipe was super slow to arrange using fresh strawberries, in addition to I used my novel favorite fresh strawberry buttercream for the frosting. The roses were surprisingly slow to do. Mine are genuinely quite imperfect, but somehow having them all together hides the imperfections in addition to makes the run yesteryear of the cake beautiful. (There’s an excellent tutorial here from I am baker, one of my favorite sources for delicious treats in addition to gorgeous photos.) I had originally planned to practise roses all over the cake, but I ran out of frosting in addition to was also lazy to mix upward some other batch. I intend they’re nevertheless pretty simply on the run yesteryear of the cake, though. Abby was delighted amongst her cake, in addition to it tasted every bit expert every bit it looked!
for the cake:
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups all role flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 loving cup butter, cold, cutting into minor cubes
3/4 loving cup milk
3/4 loving cup strawberry puree (from well-nigh 1 1/2 cups strawberries)
2 teaspoons vanilla
for the frosting:
2 sticks butter, softened
pinch of salt
iii 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
iii tablespoons strawberry puree (from well-nigh 1/2 loving cup strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter in addition to flour 2 8 inch cake pans. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand upward mixer, combine the cake flour, all role flour, sugar, baking powder, in addition to salt.
- Cut inwards the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat inwards the eggs 1 at a time. In a measurement cup, combine the milk, strawberry puree, in addition to vanilla.
- Add one-half of the milk mixture to the flour mixture, in addition to mix to combine. Add the other one-half of the milk mixture in addition to mix until smooth.
- Divide betwixt the prepared pans in addition to bake 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool completely earlier frosting. To brand the frosting, vanquish the butter until calorie-free in addition to fluffy.
- Add the salt, powdered sugar, in addition to vanilla, in addition to mix to combine.
- Add the strawberry puree in addition to vanquish until calorie-free in addition to fluffy.
- Frost cake every bit desired.