Every morning, without fail, my 4 yr sometime Lizzy asks if nosotros tin bring pancakes for breakfast. And pretty much every morning, I nation no. Mostly it’s because I’m busy or tired or running off to work, but it breaks my view to run into that petty bottom lip poke out when I nation no. Last calendar week she asked me for the millionth fourth dimension as well as I realized that yes, nosotros truly did bring fourth dimension for pancakes! I used to brand these whole wheat pancakes a lot but it’s been years right away since I made them, thus I decided to give them unopen to other go. They are completely delicious as well as thus low-cal as well as fluffy, you lot truly would non know that they are whole wheat! Lizzy ate 4 pancakes (“because I’m four, Mom!”) as well as withal wanted more, although unopen to of that mightiness every bit good bring been due to the delicious blackberry syrup I made to teach on top. I had unopen to blackberries inward the refrigerator that I needed to purpose earlier they went bad, as well as idea it would live on fun to brand a sweetness berry topping for our pancakes. It turned out delicious every bit well, as well as coordinated perfectly amongst the pancakes. Yum!
i loving cup whole wheat flour
i tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
i loving cup milk (I’ve every bit good made these amongst soy as well as almond milk)
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, as well as salt.
- In a criterion cup, whisk together the egg, milk, oil, as well as vanilla.
- Add the moisture ingredients to the dry out ingredients as well as mix until only combined.
- Pour 1/4 loving cup scoops of batter onto the prepared skillet as well as gear upwards until bubbles shape on the surface, thus flip.
- Cook an additional infinitesimal or thus as well as thus take to the serving plate.
Homemade Blackberry Syrup
i 1/2 cups blackberries, chopped lightly
1/4 loving cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon corn starch
i tablespoon water
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the blackberries as well as sugar.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- While the blackberries are heating, whisk together the corn starch as well as water.
- When the fruit has reached a simmer, pour inward the H2O mixture as well as stir to combine.
- Cook ii to iii to a greater extent than minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Let cool slightly earlier serving.