Happy November! We’ve had a huge cool downwards inwards the conditions inwards the final few days, too it is totally getting me inwards the mood for autumn (and peculiarly yummy autumn foods). I loooove soups too could swallow them for dinner every nighttime inwards the fall, too these flaky buttermilk biscuits are pretty much the best always side for soup. I’ve made them to a greater extent than times than I tin count now, too every fourth dimension they disappear inside a few minutes. The kids honey them, too we’re pretty obsessed amongst them too! I served these amongst some butternut mash soup (recipe coming soon) too fresh homemade peach jam. They are pretty much only biscuit perfection!
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 loving cup butter, cutting into pieces
3/4 loving cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Line a baking sail amongst parchment or spray amongst cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, too salt.
- Add the butter too cutting inwards using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, until the butter is nearly pea-sized too smaller.
- Add the buttermilk too mix until only combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface too pat into a rectangle that is nearly half-dozen x 9 inches.
- Fold each side of the dough over the middle (like you’re folding a letter) too pat out in 1 lawsuit to a greater extent than to about half-dozen x 9 inches.
- Cut biscuits out of the dough using desired size of biscuit cutter (I unremarkably role a 2 inch cutter).
- Place on prepared baking sail too bake 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm too enjoy!