One of my favorite things near this recipe is that the caramel is pretty foolproof. You don’t fifty-fifty require a candy thermometer! You’ll know it’s done when it gets to move a rich amber colouring together with has thickened. These caramels are a petty lighter than I ordinarily brand them, thus they’re non quite every bit draw of piece of job solid every bit they should be, but they’re delicious either way. I intend they’re best stored inward the refrigerator together with eaten cold. I’m trying to convince myself that I don’t require to brand around other batch earlier Christmas, but it appears to move a losing battle…
1 loving cup butter, cutting into pieces
1 loving cup sugar
two (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
four tablespoons lite corn syrup
- Prepare a ix x ix baking dish past times lining amongst foil, together with spraying liberally amongst cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients inward a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until butter is melted, stirring frequently.
- Increase estrus to medium high, until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Reduce estrus to medium together with simmer, stirring constantly, until caramel has turned a rich amber colouring together with thickened slightly.
- Pour into prepared pan together with refrigerate until completely cooled.
- To brand the chocolate drizzle, I simply used candy melts (available at Michael’s, Joann, fifty-fifty Walmart) together with melted near 1/4 loving cup inward a microwave prophylactic bowl.
- I position the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag, snipped a pocket-sized slice off the corner, drizzled the chocolate over the caramels, together with and thus returned them to the refrigerator to harden.