You know, I mean value that inwards nine years of marriage, I select never purchased ham. We don’t consume much ruby-red meat, together with I had a rattling bad nutrient poisoning sense amongst ham when I was a teenager, together with thence it has never actually graced our table. Lately, though, I select been intensely craving chicken cordon bleu, together with I sucked it upwardly together with purchased approximately ham at the store. Since I solely used half dozen slices for the recipe, I select no sentiment what I’m going to produce amongst the residue of the ham, but at to the lowest degree the chicken was delicious! It was moist together with flavorful, together with the swiss cheese + ham + crunchy topping along amongst the dijon mustard sauce simply made it all the to a greater extent than awesome. My girls shared a piece of chicken, together with they both ate every terminal bite. It’s pretty amazing when I brand something that everyone likes! I served it amongst approximately leftover kokosnoot rice from the nighttime before, together with was pleasantly surprised at how good the flavors went together. The solely changes I made to the chicken recipe were to utilization crushed Ritz crackers instead of breadstuff crumbs, together with I halved the sum of butter that I mixed amongst the crackers. So, together with thence good!
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
For the Cordon Bleu:
iii large chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cutting inwards one-half length-wise (to cast 2 thinner chicken thorax cutlets)
12 slices deli ham
1 loving cup breadstuff crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 to 1/2 pound thinly sliced swiss cheese
For the Parmesan-Dijon Cream Sauce:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 loving cup milk
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules (or 1 bouillon cube, crushed)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 loving cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking dish amongst cooking spray together with preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the breadstuff crumbs together with melted butter. Set aside.
- Lay the cutting chicken breasts inwards a unmarried layer inwards the 9X13-inch dish. Layer each chicken thorax amongst 2 slices of ham together with exceed amongst 2 slices of swiss cheese, shingling across the chicken thorax to brand certain the entire chicken thorax is covered amongst ham together with cheese. Sprinkle the breadstuff crumbs over the exceed of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 30-35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through completely, the cheese is bubbling together with the breadstuff crumbs are golden.
- While the chicken bakes, inwards a medium saucepan, melt the 2 tablespoons butter. Stir inwards the flour, whisking constantly, field cooking the flour/butter mixture for 1-2 minutes. Slowly pour inwards the milk field whisking quickly. Stir inwards the chicken bouillon granules together with salt. Whisk constantly over medium estrus until the mixture begins to simmer together with thicken, virtually 3-5 minutes. Once the sauce has bubbled together with thickened, withdraw from estrus together with stir inwards the mustard, Worcestershire sauce together with Parmesan cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted. Keep the sauce warm until the chicken is finished baking.
- Serve each chicken cordon bleu component amongst warm sauce.
2 c. white or Jasmine rice
1 tin kokosnoot milk
2 c. water
1 tsp. Kosher salt
Splash of white vinegar (optional, but it helps amongst the texture)
2-3 tsp. white sugar
- Instructions :
Handful of chopped light-green onions, plus chopped light-green onion tops for garnish (we’re using the whole creature here…)
Black pepper to taste
- Combine rice, kokosnoot milk, water, salt, vinegar, together with saccharide inwards a saucepan together with convey to a boil Turn estrus to depression together with comprehend for twenty minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Allow to stand upwardly five minutes. Add light-green onions, dark pepper (if desired), together with additional common salt if necessary.