I made around quick guacamole to operate past times them past times mashing upward a few avocados alongside around fresh salsa. Delicious!
three large ears of corn, shucked
1 loving cup all-purpose flour
½ loving cup cornmeal
¼ loving cup cherry-red onion, finely diced
¼ loving cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
Coarse common salt too freshly terra firma pepper
ii large eggs, lightly beaten
ii tbsp. buttermilk
ii tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
Canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- Cut the corn kernels off of the cobs too house inwards a large bowl. Place ii cups of the corn kernels inwards the nutrient processor too pulse several times, until the corn is slightly pureed but however chunky.
- Scrape the mixture into the bowl alongside the remaining corn kernels. Add the flour, cornmeal, onion, basil, baking powder, too baking soda to the bowl.
- Season alongside common salt too pepper to taste. Stir to mix well. Add the eggs, buttermilk, too butter, too stir merely to combine.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add merely plenty stone oil to barely embrace the bottom of the pan too rut until sizzling hot.
- Scoop the batter into the skillet a heaping tablespoon at a time, cooking the cakes inwards batches of iv or five then that they are non touching.
- Fry 1-2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Transfer the cooked cakes to a wire rack too repeat alongside the remaining batter.