Yeah, I totally can’t terminate alongside the 1 dish pasta meals/variations on mac together with cheese. They’re only also slowly together with also yummy! Sometimes it’s squeamish to bring a repast that I know the kids volition consume without complaints. Plus there’s only something thence homey together with comforting most a unproblematic pasta dish. My mom used to brand a creamy pasta alongside ham all the fourth dimension when I was a kid, together with it was my favorite for years. I’ve been craving chicken cordon bleu lately, thence when I institute all the ingredients for this piffling position out inwards the refrigerator together with pantry, I decided to laissez passer on it a try. So delicious! I’m excited to bring roughly other fun together with slowly pasta dish nether my belt for busy weeknights!
8 ounces pasta (I used casarecce but pretty much whatever form would work)
ii tablespoons butter
ii tablespoons flour
1 loving cup chicken broth
1 loving cup milk
1/2 – 1 teaspoon tabular array salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1 loving cup grated swiss cheese
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used rotisserie)
3/4 loving cup chopped ham (I used turkey ham)
1/4 loving cup cracker crumbs or buttered breadstuff crumbs
- Cook the pasta according to the packet directions together with drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, inwards a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- When the butter is melted, whisk inwards the flour to shape a paste.
- Let laid 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Gradually add together the milk, whisking thence at that spot are no lumps.
- Let laid for a few minutes until thickened, thence gradually add together the chicken broth, continuing to whisk constantly.
- Whisk inwards the tabular array salt together with pepper, thence permit the mixture laid for a few minutes, until thickened to desired consistency.
- Remove from estrus together with whisk inwards the swiss cheese until melted.
- Return to estrus together with stir inwards the chicken, ham, together with cooked pasta, until warmed through.
- Sprinkle alongside cracker crumbs, thence serve.