I saw these on Pinterest a few months agone alongside the caption “carmelitas: the best cookie y’all volition always make” in addition to I scoffed a little. I mean, really, how tin strength out y’all nation that whatsoever cookie is “the best”? And in addition to hence I made them, in addition to I realized why. Because they actually are the real best cookies I’ve always made! Sure, they’re real rich, in addition to non something I could brand every day, or fifty-fifty to a greater extent than than a duad of times every year, only they are amazing! Each seize alongside teeth is an delicious residuum of gooey caramel, chocolate chips, in addition to crunchy in addition to sweetness cookie. And the best part? They’re super slow to make! They were the perfect process to celebrate my (hopefully productive) project interview yesterday afternoon. I’m definitely adding them to the brusk listing of especial occasion treats. Seriously, brand them, in addition to y’all won’t move disappointed!
32 caramel squares, unwrapped (I used caramel bits instead)
1/2 loving cup heavy cream
3/4 loving cup butter, melted
3/4 loving cup brownish sugar, packed
1 loving cup flour
1 loving cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
vi ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine caramels in addition to cream inward a modest saucepan over depression heat. Stir until completely smooth; develop aside.
- In a split bowl, combine melted butter, brownish sugar, flour, oats, in addition to baking soda.
- Pat one-half of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of an 8×8″ pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven in addition to sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips.
- Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel.
- Return to oven in addition to bake an additional 15-20 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven in addition to cool completely earlier cutting.