I discovered a biscuit recipe inwards ane of my mom’s cookbooks, in addition to went nuts making biscuits correct in addition to left. They weren’t perfect yesteryear whatsoever stretch (I had quite the style to mix everything to death) merely they opened my eyes to what a skilful biscuit could hold upwards like. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 few years agone I flora this biscuit recipe in addition to induce got made it over in addition to over, in addition to it’s definitely ane of my favorites. However, this morning time I stumbled across a novel recipe in addition to had to brand them immediately. The result? I remember my buttermilk biscuits powerfulness induce got a picayune competition. The solely changes I made were to usage butter instead of shortening in addition to to cutting out fifteen biscuits instead of twelve . So delicious, easy, in addition to quick!
two cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar, if desired
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 loving cup shortening
3/4 loving cup milk
- Heat oven to 450°F. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking pulverization in addition to salt.
- Cut inwards shortening, using pastry blender (or pulling two tabular array knives through ingredients inwards contrary directions), until mixture looks similar fine crumbs.
- Stir inwards milk until dough leaves side of bowl (dough volition hold upwards soft in addition to sticky).
- On lightly floured surface, gently whorl dough inwards flour to coat.
- Knead lightly 10 times. Roll or pat 1/2 inch thick. Cut alongside floured two 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, house biscuits almost 1 inch apart for crusty sides, touching for soft sides.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately take from cookie canvas to wire rack. Serve warm.